Department of Transport (DoT) engaged Civinfra as Technical and Financial Advisors for the Road Asset Maintenance Procurement Strategy Project.
Key activities on this project included:
- Review of the approaches to road network maintenance for Asset, Financial and Commercial streams.
- Development of an approach to performance-based maintenance, with specific emphasis on pavement management.
- Maintenance costing reviews including development of unit cost rates for modelling.
- Maintenance Critical Analysis through a risk-based maintenance prioritisation workshop.
- Preparation of a new Routine Maintenance specification (Section 750PB) to facilitate procurement of maintenance through performance-based outcome focused contracts.
- Assist DoT prepare new Victorian Road Maintenance Contracts (VRMC) including advice relating to technical, financial and performance requirements.
- Support DoT through the VRMC procurement process including evaluation at the Expression of Interest and Tender stages.